Monday, October 8, 2018

An unsettling sculpture has appeared at College

From: chaplain.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
To: [Fellows and Senior Officers List]

Dear all,

I've just returned from taking Vespers, and couldn't concentrate because of constant sniggering. When I asked what it was about over wine afterwards, I had to check for myself.

Perhaps things look differently in daylight than they do under College streetlights. What I saw was a large bronze sculpture of an orchid that looks rather feminine, if I can put it that way, and the position of the internal parts of the flower seem to leave no doubt.

Some of the students had gotten a bit giggly over wine and I heard such comments as a proposition for a new College society named "Sorority of Saint Fanny the Greater". I think this is likely to make College an object of some ridicule. Could somebody please tell me when the decision was made to install such a sculpture and when College Council had a chance to discuss it? I'm sure I didn't miss any of the emails or agendas.

With respect

Chas

Charlotte Chidzedze
Chaplain
Cowspan College
Vachepont Parva

No comments:

Post a Comment