Friday, October 5, 2018

re: inconsistencies in referendum result

From: master.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
To: bursar.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
CC: head_porter.gmx@cowspan.co.uk

Dear Tamsin,

I was surprised that your email was copied to all Fellows, scholars and staff, given the accusations made and the strength of the language in which they were voiced.

The Deputy Head Porter, who is a hard and diligent worker, did indeed encourage other staff to vote in the Buttery referendum. He was within his rights to do so and was not in breach of any policy or procedure. He did not stay beyond his shift, neither did any other staff. The only staff here last night were the night porters, some kitchen staff and the Head Porter, who stayed to invigilate the ballot on his own time, and used previously-earned Time Off in Lieu to take this morning off.

An Emergency General Meeting of College Council can only be called by myself, somebody I have deputised to do so or, in my unplanned absence, a chain of appointees - yourself, the Domestic Bursar, the Head Tutor and the Head Porter. I am here and have not deputised anybody to call an emergency general meeting, and expect you to cancel your unconstitutional convening of the meeting.

I also expect you to give a full apology to Mr O'Callaghan. Regardless of his being non-academic staff, Cowspan College is one community and I will not have this cohesion threatened. I have not copied this email to Ricky because I think he has been caused enough distress.

For my part, I will be apologising for the tweet, which was sent by myself. I am not au fait with twittering and got confused.

I look forward to speaking with you on Monday.

Yours

Sir John Vachepont-Colquhoun
Master
Cowspan College
Vachepont Parva

No comments:

Post a Comment