Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Confirmation of disciplinary process req'd

From: head_porter.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
To: domestic_bursar.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
CC: IT.cowspan@gmx.co.uk
Refer: See me
Refer: Who can read lodge emails?

Dear Miri,

Thanks for your support at College Council over the option of hiring a dedicated chef for vegan options in the Buttery and the associated referendum; it's good to know the Lodge has friends in high places!

It's come to my attention that a senior member of support staff has received, effectively, a formal warning from a senior staff member and Fellow who is not, however, within the line management for support staff. As far as I am aware a porter, say, can only be given a disciplinary from me, the Personnel Manager or, of course, yourself as ultimate line manager of all non-academic staff. It's entirely possible that I've missed a meeting, as the Maintenance Fortnight before Coming-Up Weekend always keeps me busy.

I realise this is also a busy time for you, with staff appraisals being collated and all, but could you please confirm for me who can discipline support staff so I can see what's changed? As a related matter, I'd like to know who can read Lodge emails.

With thanks

Wat

Charles Watson Tyler
Head Porter
Cowspan College
Vachepont Parva 

No comments:

Post a Comment