Monday, September 24, 2018

see you tomorrow

From: Ricky O'Callaghan [private email]
To: Charles Watson Tyler [private email]

Dear Wat,

sorry I wasn't in today, can you give me a retrospective annual leave day to cover it?

I took the new recruits round the fuseboxes on Friday to keep my mind off the meeting with the Bursar, I was so angry. Having said that, I shot myself in the foot. She kept telling me how it was important to have a senior member of support staff who increased diversity, and I eventually said that was just a clever way of calling me "Pikey".

Anyway, she said that I'd misused College communications by using email to have a pop at the social background of some of the students and Fellows. On that occasion I did bite my tongue - she was a Lepston pupil - and I've never referred to them as Lepers because I know a thing or two about being called names - but the family bought a big house near Lepston Estate but not in it, then bought her a Lepston placement at Cowspan College because she was too thick to get a Uni place by merit, and that's saying something these days. But to get back to the point, she told me to regard the meeting as a formal warning - and she's not even in our management line!

OK I've blown it off, see you tomorrow.

Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment